Marc A. Pitman helps leaders, especially in nonprofits, lead their teams with more effectiveness and less stress. The author of “Ask Without Fear!®,” he is the founder of The Concord Leadership Group and FundraisingCoach.com. He’s also the executive director of TheNonprofitAcademy.com and an Advisory Panel member of Rogare, a prestigious international fundraising think tank.
Marc coaches nonprofit executives and small business owners. Through his executive coaching, fundraising and time management seminars, online courses, he helps his clients put plans to their dreams while reconnecting with their joy.
A contributor to 100 Donors in 90 Days, he loves asking people for money and has been called “the Johnny Appleseed of fundraising.” He’s invited to speak at conferences and teaches fundraising seminars and nonprofit marketing around the world including Exult’s conferences in New Zealand, FRII in Sweden, Habitat for Humanity International, and the World Fundraising Forum in Mexico.
Marc also planted and pastored the Vineyard Church of Waterville and pastored it for nearly four years. When he’s not helping others get passionate about Kingdom life or raising money, Marc likes:
- Coffee: He prides himself on being fairly accurate at identifying the geographical origin of coffee simply by its taste.
- Reading: He reads an average of a book a week on an extremely wide variety of topics.
- Travel: Having traveled around the world, Marc cannot wait to get back to India for some excellent masala dossa.
- Beer: With the strong encouragement of his wife, he stopped talking about wanting to homebrew and actually brewed his first batch of beer in 2007.
Most importantly, he’s the husband of an incredible wife and the father of three amazing kids.
Education & Affiliations
- MA in Organizational Leadership, School of Leadership Studies, Regent University
- Certified Franklin Covey Coach, Franklin Covey Coaching
- Certified Highlands Abilities Battery Provider, The Highlands Company
- Biblical Studies, Jerusalem University College
- BA with a double major in History and Biblical Studies, Gordon College (MA)
- Diploma, Milton Academy (MA)
- Adivsory Panel member, Rogare Fundraising Think Tank
- Founding Member, International Association of Coaches
- Former General Assembly Member of the Kennebec Regional Development Authority
- Past Faculty, Brewer Christian College and Graduate School
- Past Lecturer at University of Southern Maine, Thomas College, and Brandeis University
- Former Secretary of the Board, United Way Mid-Maine
- Former Membership Chair, New England Association of Healthcare Philanthropy
- Former Programs Chair, Waterville Noontime Rotary Club
- Former Treasurer on the Board of Directors for the Advancement Program Council
- Former Trustee for the Lewiston Public Library