Em gave me the gift of a personal retreat over the weekend.
One of the things I did was read the Gospel of Mark in The Books of The Bible.
It’s amazing reading it without chapter and verse interruptions.
This time through, it was all about God’s provision:
- Jesus provided healing and wholeness to the bruised and broken
- He provided friendship for the outcast and the fringe
- He provided food for the hungery, on mulitple locations
- He provided hope to the downtrodden
- And, He provided a way back into intimacy with the Father (the veil was torn in two)
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
He’s still providing.
There’s tremendous comfort in that.